Author Topic: Post of the Month - July 2021  (Read 2053 times)

Tess tLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
Post of the Month - July 2021
« on: September 16, 2021, 12:07:24 pm »
Dear community,

it's my pleasure to announce July's Post of the Month recipient!

As the Amalthea's crew faced an attack by holo-piratrs, Ora Loxis write this awesome post that has won by vote of the admins.

Congratulations, Ora!

Karemma Transport KSS Flessan - Bridge

There were several options as to what was the issue: 1.) It could be a trap, the two ships working together to make it look like they needed rescuing only to steal from their rescuers, 2.) The ships had been attacked, but the attackers had sophisticated technology that altered their victims memories so that they would not be found and brought to justice, 3.) The entire thing was a practical joke, and the two ships had bets to see if they could get anyone to believe them. The list could go on and on, but it was hard to actually refute the fanciful tale when an actual pirate beamed aboard the ship and was on the bridge.

The pirate intruder’s language was quite crude, but the pirate looked the part, spoke the part, but it all felt too perfect to Ora. Everything was just too good, down the brass buttons on his jacket to the weathered leather boots he wore. Everything about the man spoke of years gone, but the technology used to be able to beam abroad unannounced was too sophisticated. It was troubling to say the least.

Before Ora could react, one of the Karemma security’s officers acted hastily and for a second there was a wave of heat and ringing in her ears, as the pirate was blown to pieces injuring  Lieutenant Commander Moreno.

Ora quickly got her bearings back,“Stun! Phasers on stun!” shouted to the security officers. They didn’t need any more casualties, especially their own. And they needed one of these pirates alive to question.

Though when she went to make a move to help out the Lieutenant Commander, another pirate appeared. This one was even more rude than the last one.

“Sure, just don’t hurt me okay?!” Ora slipped back into her damsel in distress role. It always amazed her when it worked. Rule number one in any battle engagement is never underestimate your enemy.

When Ora got closer, she whipped out her phaser and blasted it at the pirate. Oddly though the shot just went right through the pirate, as if he was not there. What kind of technology did this guy have? No time to think, she readjusted the phaser to have a wider arc, hoping that the larger beam would find a weak spot.

Bullseye!

The image of the pirate shimmered away, and a metallic ball fell to the ground, sparking and smoking.

What?!?!?

Ora turned to the Lieutenant Commander, and bent down, “Hold on, help is coming.” Ora tapped her comm badge,  =/\=“Chief Medical Officer Padrini you are needed on the bridge. The Lieutenant Commander is down.” =/\=

“Don’t worry, I’m told he is the best.” Ora patted the Commander’s hand, trying to be comforting to him. Her eyes went back to the metallic orb on the floor, “Be careful with that, we don’t know what it does.”

Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography

Rayek tr'Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
Re: Post of the Month - July 2021
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 06:51:34 pm »
Muchly deserved recognition.  Congratulations!
Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)
NPC's Lt JG Saqa7 Mountain-Kahn (Human Female) / Ensign Jayce Fuller (Human Hermaphrodite) / Telmuk tr'Lhoell (Romulan Male)

Mas Molane

• Reserved Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 01:14:48 am »
Congratulations!  :-)
Awarded to the player who has written the Post of the Month in March 2021

Solluk

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • Site Administrators
  • Captain Solluk's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 01:15:25 am »
And I'll echo it on this account, well done!

Catherine Goodspeed

• Reserved Player
  • Probationer
  • Cat Goodspeed's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2021, 03:23:53 am »
Congrats!!!!