Author Topic: Post of the Month - May 2021  (Read 2420 times)

Tess tLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
Post of the Month - May 2021
« on: June 09, 2021, 09:37:55 am »
Dear Community,

the admins have reviewed the many excellent posts of last month and this time around we found two posts worthy of recognition.

Please help me congratulate Ora Loxis and Catherine Goodspeed for writing May's Post of the Month!

USS Amalthea - Level 10 of the Underground Temple Complex

When they got out of this maze of insanity, and the holodeck and ship were back in running order, Ora was going to have quite a few words with that Ferengi merchant who had sold her the necklace. Lesson learned, no more shiny trinkets for her. She should have known that stepping out of her comfort zone would lead to misery. Never again. Her uniform would be it from now on, and the only jewelry she would need was her comm badge.

The holodeck villain threatening their team, with his awful weapon technique put Ora’s teeth on edge. She wanted nothing more than to give him a lesson on the proper safety and carrying of such a weapon, but the overdressed human male was not part of her security crew. He’d have been fired the first day.

Ora knew what had to be done, the safety of her team was the priority. She slid right into the role that the holodeck had written for her. The Bolian gave a high pitched squeal and put the back of her hand over her blue forehead in the appropriately dramatic gesture that the script called for.

“Oh please, don’t hurt me!” Ora put the antique weapon she had taken on the ground, and slowly walked towards her victim. “Just don’t hurt me, and I will tell you where the rest of the treasure is!”

Ora finally stood in front of the man, and allowed her bottom lip to quiver a few times in the best damsel in distress manner she could muster up. And then her training kicked in, and all the ‘free’ time she had spent going over her own personal training regime: in one swift motion she pushed the gun away from the man, using it as a simultaneously distraction and leverage for her to bring the palm of her hand to strike upward, in a move which she hoped would produce a most satisfying crack of his nose.

Ora would then step in, bringing her knee up to his midsection, which should cause him to double over forward again. This would allow her to head-butt him and shoulder her body into his to push him to the ground prone. She would then step over him and give him a quick kick to the crotch to finish him off. The words would find her lips, “Sorry to break the jewels, sweetheart.”

If all went according to plan, Ora would look over at the other two crew, “Let’s use our rope and tie him up. Commander, would you like to switch out your weapon for his? And Ensign Malone, would you like his hat? I think it would go well with your outfit.”

Katra Station - CoE Office

It was surprising how quickly the normal routine of things ebbed back into place once everyone was back at the Station.

Back home.

Back to reports and more reports and the generally affray of repairs and more repairs.

It was as if now the Wormhole had decided to shut itself down [and was refusing to open again like a spoiled 3 year having a full on tantrum] every private ship and shop owner had gone into a panic frenzy for repairs.  Free repairs that is.

It had gotten so bad that Cat had given specific orders that unless written authority was received from the Captain and confirmed visually by Solluk himself then non essential repairs to private individuals were off the menu.  They weren't a blooming charity repair shop for those who could afford it but wanted to sponge off her workers.

After signing the final report for the day Cat let her second in command Gus know she was finally signing off for the day by yelling that fact across her desk to him.

Gus waved a hand "You should have gone an hour ago Chief... Go for goodness sake"

Cat stood and brushed herself down, picked up a small linen clasped bag and the lead of Nibbler, the Cardassian trained sniffer vole she currently had with her who had been sleeping under her desk.

Not that she had favorites.  No indeed.

Nibbler happily squealed when he realized it was home time and pulled slightly on his lead to get home and get fed. "Gus.. "

"I know boss, no one to call you unless something is melting, exploding or really REALLY on fire.."

"Cheers my dears, see you tomorrow"  Cat waved as she disappeared through the door and went to stretch her legs.

Katra Station - Wildlife Center

Cat stood by the glass enclosure of the creature they had brought back from the planet and looked around.   "bugger..." Cat muttered under her breath to herself.

She had hoped to find Beja here. The bag she carried contained some delightfully soft yarn and a small PADD of "easy learn as you go" tutorials on the art of knitting which she hoped would help the young Klingon in her new found hobby.

Cat stared at the creature.

Cat nodded at it "All right?"

Cat had made a promise to Beja to be nicer to their new 'guest'.

"Treating you ok are they?"

"Bored with the view yet? Should we get someone to rotate you?"

Nibbler had wandered over and stretched up to sniff the glass.  It bothered Cat slightly that her 4 Cardassian Voles didn't seem to mind it, whereas it still made Cat want to run and hide under her bed covers.

"Nice day for it I suppose..... Well .. Umm.. Right! must be going. Things to see, people to annoy...errr... Bye then?"

Cat sidled out of the room and headed for Beja's office.  If she wasn't there Cat could always ask whoever was on reception.

Katra Station - Counselors Office

Cat smiled into the rather pretty face of the Bolian receptionist. Oh to be young again.

"Hello my dear!  Is the lovely Beja around and free?"  Cat tapped the bag on her shoulder "Have a little gifty for her and some treats for Mon."

Without being instructed to Cat eased herself into a seat to wait. "happy to wait for a bit"  Cat settled herself into a nearby chair and allowed Nibbler to hop onto her lap whilst staring around the room at nothing in particular like she was waiting for a dentist appointment.
Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography

Catherine Goodspeed

• Reserved Player
  • Probationer
  • Cat Goodspeed's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
Re: Post of the Month - May 2021
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 10:56:18 am »
oh blimey!!!

Thank you all SO much!!!  :) xx

Rayek tr'Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 11:27:22 am »
Congratulations to you both!!
Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)
NPC's Lt JG Saqa7 Mountain-Kahn (Human Female) / Ensign Jayce Fuller (Human Hermaphrodite) / Telmuk tr'Lhoell (Romulan Male)

Solluk

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • Site Administrators
  • Captain Solluk's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 01:47:20 pm »
Couldn't happen to two more deserving ladies.  :-)

Ora Loxis

• Reserved Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 06:31:51 pm »
Oh wow, thank you all so much!!!

John Saxon

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • John Saxon's ID