Author Topic: The Fourth Estate - Season 1, Episode 2  (Read 28461 times)

Finn Moreno

• Reserved Player
  • Moreno's Wonderland ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
Re: The Fourth Estate - Season 1, Episode 2
« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2021, 11:47:46 pm »
[IDIC]
Juraan was good enough to make jokes and Finn's both arms weren't broken, nor did he have something stuck in his back, which was a big plus. So he could focus on...
"Cathy!" He shouted because she was not on her chair anymore.

As he pushed himself off the table and realized that it did hurt, he saw the stains of drinks on his shirt and some broken glass from the drinks.
With a bit of effort he pulled a larger piece out of his skin on his ribs.

Then he crawled across to see Cathy burried under A'Tathon but she looked alright..as far as Finn couldd tell. Not everyone around them was this lucky.

He heard Juraan offer his help and the other guy dish out orders.
Since when could he order Juraan around?
Finn frowned at that but he'd play along as long ss it suited their needs.
Suddenly they lost gravity of the station and people started floating. That would mean severe damage.
So he grabbed Cathy's arm before she could float away.
"We have to get to the Wonderland....along with everyone who can make it there."
Then he looked at A'Thaton. "Juraan is my crew. He'll do whatever he thinks is right...and make sure he'll get to the Wonderland as well."
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 05:08:37 am by Finn Moreno »

Chiree

• Reserved Player
  • Applicant
  • ID for Chiree on Katra
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2021, 01:27:25 am »
He walked over to A'Thaton who was talking to a young Orion officer. "I'm a trained medic", he explained. "If I can help out in any way, let me know." He almost - almost - mentioned that he had been in Starfleet, so he knew the way they worked and also knew the devices. But he swallowed that bit of information for now.
When the whole room lifted up and away it was disorienting, when the one calling themselves Chiree made his whiskers twitch with familiarity. He had never met this person before, he was sure; but somehow the way they moved and reacted to the sudden attack registered an old memory. Part of that memory said Chiree was a possible threat, a danger; but the fear and confusion in their voice was real. He was a Starfleet officer and a proud cub of Cait, no matter his suspicions he had a duty to the people on his station and to his fellow spacer. He let his voice almost drop to a comforting purr and he gently pushed himself to a fixture closer to Chiree. "Stay close and follow me Chiree, you're right to be scared: but there is a path to survival. And that path is by working together. If you follow us, we'll get you somewhere safer than here."

KATRA STATION | DECK 14 | IDIC

Floating here amidst everyone and everything, as if through water, it would be so easy for Chiree to let go, and be their true self.  The shimmering orange liquid that was their natural state.  They could certainly get to more people, help more people.  There was chaos in this place, and they wanted to help restore order.

They did notice the globs of blood, floating amidst plates and food.  People were wounded.  Chiree did not see any bits of themselves floating about, else they would have added it back into their mass.  They were a bit disoriented from hitting the wall so hard, not to mention terrified, but they would be fine.

"Of course," they responded to the Ensign.  "I trust you.  You are good at keeping order."  They would trust him, and Finn, and Juraan.  As for themselves…they could take care of themselves.  They were still scared, lost, and intimidated, of course.  "Please, let me help.  I can navigate this.  I was in the ocean for many, many years.  I don't know what I am or how I came to be, but I have abilities."  They looked around for people to help.

"Least I can do is help you get the med-kit." They used the closest solid object, a table affixed to the floor, to push themselves in the direction of the panel.  It was clear that they weren't bothered by the lack of gravity.  It was, after all, like swimming.  While the form of a fish or their own liquid form was more suited to this, they would make do.  They still did not trust these people with their secret.

They opened the panel, grabbed what seemed to be marked as a medkit, and pushed off towards Juraan.  "Here," they say, basically shoving it into his hands.  "Let me know if there's anything I can do! I've studied anatomy.  I know basic first aid, like dressing wounds.  At least for Telitierans…but you all look similar.  Humanoids."  They might not sustain injuries in the same way as solids, but they still wanted to understand the humanoids so that they could take a perfect form.  It was all in their drive for perfecting this form.  And maybe it would help save lives.

"Ensign A'Thaton is hurt too," they told Juraan.
Chiree
Civilian - Changeling - Nonbinary (they/them)

NPCs: Hebrin Tayel

Solluk

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • Site Administrators
  • Captain Solluk's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2021, 11:44:50 pm »

IDIC Restaurant - Katra Station

"It wasn't being Odelot!" the Pakled declared as he tumbled by in slow-motion.  He patted his belly in illustration.

"What could have done so much damage to the station," Daja asked as she clutched a chair which rotated through the air.

"This woman needs help!" Branys declared.  He was floating beside an unconscious female Bajoran, pressing a tablecloth to her head.

Wails of pain, alarm, and confusion filled the room.  But gradually attention turned to those who seemed to move with purpose.  Those who seemed to know what to do.  Ambulatory figures pushed or pulled themselves towards the group consisting of A'Thaton and the Wonderland crew.  It was as though competence was a magnet, and they had the strongest force.

Outside, in the promenade, chaos reigned.  The quantity of figures floating around was prodigious.  Globules of blood of every color mingled with floating debris of every description.  Some people were clinging desperately to walkway bannisters.  Others pushed off of surfaces in order to propel themselves across to various intended destinations.  But the reliability of modern tech meant that zero-g skills were few and far between.  Jumping with too much strength caused individuals to smash into bulkheads at their destination, injuring themselves further.

A few people reached escape pod access points, thinking the station must be on the cusp of destruction.  In their panicked state they ejected the capsules before they were full of evacuees, robbing others of the chance to escape. 

In short, the environment within and surrounding the restaurant was one of chaos and terror.

Rayek tr'Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2021, 01:01:14 am »

NPC Cathy Daniels
[Katra Station - Promenade - Deck 14 - IDIC Restaurant]

Rather than panic at the lack of gravity, Cathy for a moment closed her eyes and just let herself drift.  The one highlight to having attended the Mars Academy for that brief period of time was that in their Dangers of Space 101 course there was a Zero-G movement practicum.  That was the one part that she'd actually enjoyed.

Cathy could hear the Caitian pilot trying to gather people together, asking for help, calling up to the station operations center.  Then when he didn't get an answer and more explosions shook the station.. he called for folks to evacuate the station with him.

A sudden grip on her arm had her flinching, and startled, she opened her eyes to see Finn looking at her in concern.   "I'm okay...Just a headache, I think."

Finn's idea to get to the ship sounded reasonable to her but Juraan was a medic.... that meant he wasn't likely going to want to leave while people were injured.   Cathy looked between Finn and Juraan unsure who had the right of it.  Finn was the Captain.  But Cathy knew she couldn't bring herself to not help.  "Juraan, how can I help?"

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)
NPC's Lt JG Saqa7 Mountain-Kahn (Human Female) / Ensign Jayce Fuller (Human Hermaphrodite) / Telmuk tr'Lhoell (Romulan Male)

Catherine Goodspeed

• Reserved Player
  • Probationer
  • Cat Goodspeed's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2021, 04:29:16 am »
Katra Station - Corridor outside Conference Room

Keep calm... Keep calm.

Cat punched her com badge  =/\="This is Goodspeed to anyone in main engineering.  Report!  What's working and what isn't! I need info STAT! =/\=

Keep calm... Keep calm.  Cat kept trying to repeat this mantra as if it would actually  help.

=/\=Chief!  This is Gus!  We can't access the main core room.  Systems failed, we couldn't eject core! All doors are fused.  Turbos off line. Environmental systems offline. Fire system off line.  We are dead in the water Chief!  Consoles non functioning. Using PADDS!  See if you can grab one!  What's your status Chief, over! =/\=

Cats face went as white as her hair  =/\=Crap!  What IS working Gus?!  I'm in the corridor outside the conference room free floating! Explosion there as well. We got done in good Gus!  We NEED Environmental and fire systems online as a priority. DO NOT. I repeat DO NOT get the antigrav online yet.  We have too many floaters, may cause more deaths or injuries.   I'm on my way to the EPS room on deck 4...  See what I can reroute from there.  Have  a couple of people meet me there whoever is nearest.... =/\="

Cat began to push herself along the corridor as fast as she could muster

=/\=Chief??  Chief?? How you getting there? Turbos and doors are fused =/\=

=/\=For Gods sake Gus, jeffreys tubes man!  Use the jeffreys tubes!  Pull up the stations schems on the PADDS.  We have a whole network like a rabbit warren.  We can pull ourselves though or use your bloody legs like a frog and push yourselves.  I'll meet you there! Oh and get them armed!  We have NO idea if someone is using them as well.  Set to stun and anyone NOT from our team, tell them to shoot their bloody arms off if need be! Cat out! =/\=

As she skirted along the corridor to her destination she'd found an abandoned PADD, a Cat found the section of wall she was looking for and braced her legs either side of the wall section and pulled with all her might.  After a minute of swearing and nearly pulling an arm out of its socket the wall section came free and floated away.

One deck down... One deck down to the main EPS hub.

Cat squeezed herself into the small access area that linked the entire Station like small blood vessels and began to push herself down. Due to the lack of gravity it went quicker than she expected and before she pulled the manual release lever Cat slowly calmed her breathing down, taking deep breaths in and out in a steady slow succession as if preparing for a deep dive. 

The art was to calm yourself down, to steady your breathing... To slow everything down.  When she reached her peak Cat grabbed the level,  inhaled deeply, held her breath and pushed the panel out and away and entered the main EPS hub.

Main EPS Grid Maintenance Hub (Deck 4)

It was chaos.  Smoke filled the air and hung like a blanket.  Small fires littered the areas eating up the precious air contained within.  She pushed herself in as if diving into water and grabbed the nearest fire extinguisher and began to slowly deprive the flames of their feeding source.

Once the fires were out Cat slowly pushed herself to the emergency outfit section and opening it removed a small breathing device and fitted the transparent breathing mask over her nose and mouth, pulling the elastic tight behind her head and set to work pulling off the wall panels from the shouldering areas to assess the damage.

So much damage.  It was like someone had fried the entire system.  Cat exhaled for the first time since she entered the room.  All she had to do was re-route... Re-route.. Start at the beginning... Start at the basics.

Air, fire, transporters, weaponry, ... Doors... Lifts... Think woman think.

Luckily since becoming Chief she had always practised a rule of "keep what you need close" so each room linked to engineering had a supply of easy to access replacements and tools encased in Faraday crates in case of emergencies because the last thing you needed was to traipse halfway round the station to get a bloody flux coupler.

The silence which had cocooned Cat for the last 10 minutes was shattered by noises from the entrance she had made.  Cat reached over, picked up a broken wire tubing she had just replaced and pushed herself to the hole...

"JESUS GUS!" Cat screamed the words as the head of her Second popped through the hole. "You could have yelled for me! I nearly brained you!"

"Sorry Chief... I'm too scared to form words at the moment".  The blond haired tall slim body pulled himself free, followed by two other of the engineering crew, including the blue face of Peaches, the andorian head of the Ship yard.  All were wearing breathing masks to her relief.

"You took your sweet time" Cat muttered but glad to see the faces of people she knew, people she trusted.

"Stopped off for a coffee and cake Boss! We would have bought you some but they floated off"  Peaches grinned.

"Ha bloody ha!  Right, we are royally screwed.  We need to replace and re-route as much as possible from here.  See what we can get working then follow the breadcrumbs and replace and reroute at each broken sub section. Gus!  Once we've fixed everything we can here, get everyone to get to the nearest subsection and fix it and work their way out. "

"God Chief... "  Peaches face fell.

"I know... Focus on Air, fire systems, defense system and then transporters, doors, lifts.    We are sitting ducks but we need to get the air circulating and fires out first otherwise we will be no help to anyone. Sally... " Cat nodded to the ebony skinned woman who at over 6 feet tall was like Valikie amongst her crew. "....Almost finished re-routing the air systems.  Not as screwed as I thought we were for this one. The EPS here are fused, hoping it took the brunt.  Work with Gus on the fire suppression systems... Started on them, just need you both to finish ASAP...  I need them online before we can  switch on the air, I don't want to feed the fires.  Peaches!  Defense. We can do this!"

They worked in almost silence apart from a few choice phrases filling the air as time ticked on.  Precious time melting away like snowflakes in the warm sunlight.

"YES!"  Sally yelled in relief and joy "Chief! We got the entire fire system up!" Cally checked her PADD "Luckily the main EPS took the brunt of the shock and fused.. We ripped it out and .. And it looks OK... Won't know til we hit the switch mind..."

Cat grinned from within the twisted burnt out EPS cores "Well done!!  Almost finished... THERE!"

Cat crabbed her way out and held onto the outside panelling and removed the PADD she had secured within her under tunic. She'd discarded the outer dress uniform once she had entered the EPS hub and had no plans of putting it back on again soon.

She pulled up the system reboots for air circulation and the automated fire system and exhaled..

"Please cross your fingers.... I'm about to reboot..."

Gus, Sally and Peaches all turned to her holding up a hand with their fingers crossed..

Cats hand trembled... "Ok... Here goes something"

She punched the reboot system and closed her eyes.

She opened one and smiled.  "BINGO PEOPLE!

Juraan Ren

• Approved Applicants
  • Probationer
  • ID for Juraan Ren
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2021, 08:22:27 am »
[Katra Station - Promenade Deck 14 - IDIC restaurant]

The leadership qualities the Caitian showed was not lost on Juraan. It was hard to guess a Caitian's age from looks alone but it became apparent that the man had more experience than the single pip at his collar made him look like. What had put A'Thaton in this situation Juraan wondered, but there was no time for that now. Juraan nodded at A'Thaton while he tried to stop himself from spinning - even if only in slow-motion - around his own axis. He kept treading with his legs to balance himself.

When he had mentioned the Wonderland, Juraan glanced back to find Finn; happy to see him and Cathy seemingly well enough and on their way over to them. He then looked to where A'Thaton had pointed out the med kit was, before he suggested that the Wonderland should help evacuate the station. He met the Caitian's gaze, holding it steadily. "Understood. I think Finn will be more than happy to help."

Suddenly Chiree had already fetched the med kit and gave it to him. Slightly perplexed he took hold of of the kit in reflex as he stared at them. They must have been super fast in this zero grav environment. He frowned slightly when Chiree compared it to swimming - but he thought that was probably apt enough. "Thank you", he said to them, holding up the medical kit. When they mentioned they had studied anatomy, Juraan looked at them surprised. "You are a doctor?"

Finn and Cathy must have been close enough to hear the conversation. Juraan was grateful that his Captain left the decision about where he wanted to help to him. There was no pondering for the Bajoran. "I will provide First Aid here until the station's medical forces arrive." He glanced to Cathy as she asked him where she could help. Hesitantly, he glanced back to Finn, then to Cathy. "I will leave the decision to you."

The background noise of a turmoil unfolding outside the restaurant on the promenade where the exits to the escape pods were became louder and louder. It almost felt like the people were on the verge of a mass panic because they wanted to get off the station. It was worrisome.

He looked back to the group of people around him. "Okay, I need someone to rustle up another medical kit. I'm pretty certain in the restaurant's kitchen might be one. Someone else check on everyone around here and gather the more severe injured in one spot and the lightly injured in another so we'll have an overview what we're dealing with."

A man's call for help had Juraan turn around - well, float around with some effort of his arms and legs. It was Branys, the Bajoran reporter. He pressed a tablecloth to a woman's forehead who seemed to be unconscious. Odelot and Daja were there, too. "Let me see", Juraan said and waited until Branys moved the tablecloth away. There was a nasty wound at the woman's forehead but that was not what had Juraan falter for a moment in shock. He had seen so many injuries, many far worse than this in his life. No, it wasn't that. It was the revelation that it was the Bajoran woman who had gave him some smiled across the room. Despite the amount of blood all over her face, Juraan recognized her. He took out a tricorder and scanned her quickly. She had a pretty severe incranial trauma. The swelling of the brain wasn't as severe yet, but it would be in short time. He would have wanted her to lie down, but in this bloody zero-gravity environment it was easier said than done. "Are the officers on this station doing anything at all", Juraan cursed under his breath in frustration. As if someone had heard him, the gravity wasn't restored, but the air ventilation and the fire system seemed to kick in now.

"I will take care of her", Juraan told Branys and nodded at him with appreciation. "If you are not requiring medical attention gather over there for evacuation." He looked to Odelot. "I think Finn will take out the Wonderland to help with the evacuation, he might be grateful for additional hands."

He then had his attention on the woman whose name he didn't even know. So far there didn't seem to be someone who looked after her - but she surely wasn't on her own here? With some effort, he managed to bring her and himself down to the ground in a somewhat less crowded corner and - holding onto the bulkhead, sat her upright in an angle of about 15 degrees to take additional pressure off the head. When they didn't move much she would float on the spot there. Quickly he opened the medical kit, routinely skimming through the hypospray vials and almost immediately found what he was looking for. He knew she would be fine now.
Species: Bajoran

Alt of Tess t'Lhoell

John Saxon

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • John Saxon's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2021, 09:52:35 am »
<Katra Station - Deck 2>

I hate zero-G. That was the odd thought that dominated 'Century' Saxon's consciousness at the same time it returned, and he shook his head clear in an attempt to accelerate such. That action brought a wave of pain and sickness that many past experiences recognised as a head injury. Wonderful(!)

Throwing out a hand to steady himself, he quickly realised that his presumed non-sequitur reminder of his dislike for gravity-free environments was born of some subconscious awareness that he was floating free, and the hand that was intended to support him merely pushed him across to the other side of the corridor; a corridor that he had entered after his exchanged glance to Solluk, and exited the Conference Room in response to the call from the OCC. His journey hadn't taken him far, but he had taken the perhaps now-wise decision to take the ladder from Deck 3 to the Operations Centre - he had felt the need to burn some pent-up energy. Whatever happened subsequently occurred as he left the access hatch on Deck 2, to continue the ascent via the staggered ladder system (it was long recognised that a continuous, unbroken access shaft posed a risk not only of the possibility of unhindered damage or debris, but also that of security - a single shaft could, for example, permit an intruder with jet-propelled levitation boots to scale the totality of the interior unchallenged). He remembered some loud sound, a flash of warm light and then...momentary darkness.

He put his hand to his chest, but realised by the absence of duranium that his communicator had since departed for parts elsewhere. With some confusion, he briefly considered searching for it, but the murky, acrid smoke that obscured his already blurred vision put paid to that notion; by which time he acknowledged what a damn foolish idea that was. Now was not the time for some treasure hunt. His crew needed him. And the best place to start was where he had the best chance to review the situation.

Wiping something wet from the corner of his brow, and forcing down the urge to wince at the touch, Saxon marched - or rather floated - ever forward, a man of steel and determination towards the OCC. Around him, signs of some significant damage manifested. To his eye accustomed to inflicting such chaos upon the enemy, the station had suffered a catastrophic failure of the primary power grid; judging by the smoking consoles, reduced to nothing more useful than cracked, onyx mirrors.

He had to get the OCC.

On this last part of this journey, he came across crew and officers alike; some blinking through the eye-watering smoke as they tended to wounded colleagues, some already hard at work pulling panels off walls in innovative attempts to coax some power to systems that could aid the wider community. And some clung to bulkheads, eyes watering through their own terrors. As he drifted past at pace, he gripped shoulders in solidarity, steered individuals and teams towards each other to form more diverse and multi-faceted response units, and gave assurances that the situation, while grim, would be absolutely overcome by the sterling efforts of people just like them. They were the station, and their spirit was indomitable.

They were speeches and words he had given hundreds of times over, from the days of Petty Officer, to Master Chief, and then from the beginning of a new ladder of responsibility on the Officer track. The difference these days was that he couldn't stop; couldn't get stuck in; couldn't lend a hand to wrench off a panel, or hold a dermal regenerator: his role was to support the entirety of the station's populace, and assisting piecemeal risked the majority of those not fortunate to be in his vicinity.

It was an aspect of his position aboard the station he disliked the most; his was a lifetime of getting hands dirty - figuratively and literally. But right now he had to shrug off such desires and focus on the wider picture.

So his progress continued, all the way to the access hatch to the ascending ladder to Deck 1.

After the first few rungs, he began to wish for those boots..

<Deck 1 - OCC>

The climb was arduous, far more tiring that it had any right to be, and John wondered if he were getting soft in his old age. But it was done, and he clambered out of the hatch and into the antechamber before the Centre itself. The two guards usually posted outside the entrance were nowhere in sight, but from the signs of immolated consoles on the wall perhaps gave the answer. He grimaced and floated in with as much of a commanding aura he could muster under the circumstances.

Before him was a cacophony of sound and frantic action. Most of the Centre was unlit, but some had been rejuvenated with portable emergency batteries or, more impressively and almost a leaf out of his own book, phaser packs shoved directly into maintenance panels. He was pleased to note Operations and Tactical had been prioritised, the latter a personal relief. Several crew were being tended to, and two Security crew had serious burns on their faces - he guessed that answered that question.

None noticed his arrival, such were their focus, and he was loathed to interfere. But in the absence of Captain Solluk, he was the most senior officer present, and it was up to him to now co-ordinate the recovery. Thus, he cleared his throat - which he found to be drier than expected and - with a projected voice that was long accustomed to cutting through even the most tumultuous battlefields - announced himself. "Everyone! Eyes to me, please!" His voice wavered at the end, and another bout of nausea threatened to undermine his authority.

As one, they all stopped and turned with care not to over-react and throw themselves into a gravity-less spin. Relief was the expression of the day, but there were one or two that looked frustrated with being interrupted from their current efforts. He made it quick. "Each Department to present to me an overview of station systems in 2 minutes. Duty Officer, to me please with a situation overview.". What had happened?

A headache began to form, or was that just becoming prominent, but he forced it down with the rest of the aches and pains.
There are old soldiers.
And there are bold soldiers.
And then there’s:
John 'Century' Saxon

Solluk

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • Site Administrators
  • Captain Solluk's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2021, 12:54:50 pm »

Katra Station - Promenade

A smoldering console was engulfed in an energy field, instantly snuffing out the fire within. 

A gentle breeze- normally undetectable- began to permeate the promenade.  Smoke gradually began to clear from the atmosphere.

Then there was a whine as figures began to materialize throughout the cavernous space:  A dozen men and women wearing gravity boots and Starfleet environmental suits. 

"Attention everyone!  I am Ensign Norris of the USS Aquila.  We are here to transfer the worst wounded individuals to the ship.  Rest assured: More help is on the way, and the current situation will be stabilized soon.  If there is anyone here trained in medicine, we could use help identifying the worst cases quickly and getting them off-station."

EPS Maintenance Hub

A crackling sound emanated from the badges of the Engineering personnel present, followed by a, "This is Ensign T'Palin at the Operational Control Center to all Engineering personnel on Deck 4.  Can you read us?  We're showing a partial restoration of function stemming from rerouted lines at the EPS maintenance hub.  Most of the internal sensors remain offline.  Communications has been out, but we're seeing a restoration of coms on a deck-by-deck basis.  Can you give us a situation report from your perspective?"

Katra Station - Operational Control Center

T'Palin looked up from her console, which had a PADD strapped to it.  "Commander.  It is gratifying to see that you are well.  An explosion in the promenade created some kind of plasma feedback to the core, resulting in a station-wide overload on the primary EPS lines.  All safety and surge-protection systems have somehow been sabotaged, though someone in the EPS room is rerouting power manually to auxiliary lines and systems.  I'm trying to reach any engineering personnel there now for a status update.  With internal sensors down, and communications spotty, we know very little about the current status of the station."

She went to Saxon and handed him a second PADD, "We've been using PADDs to interface with everything, due to most panels having been blown out and the main computer core being offline.  Apparently, we're not the only ones with the idea, as we were able to link with various ad-hoc PADD-powered com networks on several other decks.  That network seems to be expanding as individuals link up.  I'm hopeful we might re-initialize the entire com network once someone gets to a shuttle bay.  The computers on a shuttle should be able to manage the whole station, if necessary.  But if whoever is in the EPS rooms can get the auxiliary core online, we should regain most station functionality.  Right now it's just PADDs and local sub-processors carrying the weight of all functions."

She took a breath, then added, "You already know about the ship coming in, asking for asylum.  Based on their previous speed and position, they will be here within twenty minutes.  The Aquila is out there, and the ship had been fully prepped for launch before this happened.  In addition, there is one fighter patrol somewhere in system.  So far, we haven't made contact with the Aquila.  They're most likely trying to reach our previous com network, and don't yet recognize this cobbled-together system we've engaged.  But I don't expect it will take them long to figure out what's going on, link in, and render assistance.  The same is true of Kir'Shara on the surface of the planet below."

« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 02:09:55 pm by Solluk »

Rayek tr'Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2021, 01:23:38 am »

NPC Cathy Daniels

Juraan's hesitation at answering her question of how she could be of help... and then following that up with leaving the decision to her.   That told Cathy that despite their 'heart-to-heart' talk he didn't think much of her or her help. 

So when he did finally ask for 'someone' to look for another medical kit, Cathy couldn't volunteer fast enough.   "I got it."  She'd show him she could be useful!

She threw Finn a look.  "I'll be on my way to help prep the ship as soon as I get Juraan that First Aid kit." she promised and then set off, pushing herself with just a slight force towards the kitchen.   Rather than careening about aimlessly, Cathy actually knew what she was doing when she moved about without gravity.  Dodging others was the hardest thing about getting to the other side, but Cathy managed it. 

Thankfully, the fleeing kitchen staff had left the pried-open-door wedged open.   Carefully, she maneuvered her way through.  It took only a minute to scrounge through and find the kitchen's medical kit.  Yet by the time she returned to where she left Juraan, he was gone.  Or so she thought at first.

"Juraan!!?" she called out as she scanned the room looking for him.  Even with the room emptying out into the Promenade proper, the restaurant was still chaotic, so Cathy didn't see him at first.

Much like how A'Thaton had done earlier there seemed to be some EV suit wearing Starfleet officer outside the restaurant calling on people listen to him and announcing that help had arrived.

It was about time!
Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)
NPC's Lt JG Saqa7 Mountain-Kahn (Human Female) / Ensign Jayce Fuller (Human Hermaphrodite) / Telmuk tr'Lhoell (Romulan Male)

Finn Moreno

• Reserved Player
  • Moreno's Wonderland ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2021, 08:41:15 am »
Katra Station - Promenade - Deck 14 - IDIC Restaurant

Juraan and Cathy were both wanting to help injured people which made sense butvFinn knew that getting the evacuation ships ready woupd also be crucial ifvthe station was damaged enough to loose gravity and oxygen.
The Wonderland was self sufficient if no power surge from the docking cables had damaged it. So he told the two.
I'll get transport ready. Be there as soon as you can.

With that he manouvred towards the exit justcwhen the fire extinguisher system came to life and drenched them all to the bone. At least it also put out sone electrical fires.

John Saxon

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • John Saxon's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #145 on: June 29, 2021, 05:06:38 am »
<Katra Station - Operational Control Centre>

The odds were against them and the situation was grim.

Saxon listened to T'Palin with ever-increasing concern at the state of the station in the face of such calamity. Whilst he had understood the failure of artificial gravity suggested serious damage, it was not until now that the scale of such was evident.

Fortunately, he had been through worse. For example, when the USS Cassini-

No, he told himself, this isn't about you and your damn ancient adventures; there are hundreds of people that are experiencing this for the first time.

"Thank you, Ensign" he said with a tone that once steadied a battalion in the face of unsurmountable odds. The idea with the networked PADDs was surely Solluk's doing; the Commanding Officer had an appreciable knack for changing the rules; it was one of the many aspects that Century liked about the Captain and this was one of his signature tactics that it seemed were catching on with the rest of the personnel. Perhaps it should be known as the Solluk Solution?

But such reflections were for another time. An explosion on the Promenade? Whilst he was the more cynical type, even he had to consider this was just a terrible accident...even if the coincidence with the approaching craft suggested otherwise. So his response had to be measured as well as cautious. It was the burden of Command; to epitomise reason; the hammer would come later if need be.

Fighting the urge to leave the OCC to get stuck in elsewhere, he tapped on the PADD with his orders. "Engineering and Operations should prioritise primarily on restoring station functions, with a focus on gravity, communications, sensors, and Tactical - in that order. Paramedical  and Security Teams currently near shuttlebays and any auxiliary craft with transporter functions to immediately deploy to the Promenade and the VIP Conference Room to provide aid with casualties and to identify both the cause of the explosion and for any additional devices.

Once communications are established with the Aquila, co-ordinate their assistance from here; we'll need their Engineering and Operations teams to supplement ours with getting as many systems back online as we can. Have them deploy their fighter screens for picket duty.

Locate two Flight Crew on the PADD Network and have them find some way to reach Docking Saucer 2, and deploy the Starstalker to intercept, and report on, the approaching craft; I want to know what the situation is before they reach us. And if they pose a threat to this station, to be prepared to…neutralise that threat when the word is given. On their way out, have them notify Kir'Shara and Starlifter to have them deploy their own support craft and technicians to us."

He handed back the PADD to her, and looked around. "I'll set myself up at Tactical to see what I can do from here."

If it was one thing he had any particular skill in, it was coaxing inoperable weapon systems back to life; and if he could establish contact with the Firechain Defence Grid, the dozens of weapon bouys would provide eyes, ears...and teeth to the currently obscured close universe outside.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 08:13:16 am by John Saxon »
There are old soldiers.
And there are bold soldiers.
And then there’s:
John 'Century' Saxon

Netha-Sar Murselas

• Reserved Player
  • Applicant
  • ID for Netha Sar Murselas
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2021, 10:28:28 am »
Katra Station | IDIC

YAY FOOD!

Orions were known for their women. The dancing. The seduction. But what was lesser known about them was the way they partook in all physical pleasures. Netha-Sar's relationship to food was a hard one to control and he often found himself thinking about eating at inappropriate times. It wasn't just food for him.

For him food presented a physiological need beyond hunger. He could distract himself with his tasks, but at the smell wafting from the bag that had been handed to him, he immediately nodded a thank you to the wait staff that had brought his order, stuck his hand into the bag, and shoved a fistful of his meal into his face. The experience was like that of a smoker who had gotten their first cigarette of the day rather late.

[Katra Station - IDIC]

"Petty Officer Murselas, are you alright?" He yelled out into slowly subsiding smoke and the chaos the explosion had caused. "I could definitely use your assistance!"

The relief and euphoria of his first bite didn't last long. Netha-Sar was on the floor before he understood what had actually occurred. He hit his head pretty hard and the ringing wouldn't cease. "Yes, I'm fine," he lied to A'Thaton. "Whatever you need, sir" He was not fine. Which became apparent the moment he tried to stand up and fell back onto the floor.

[Katra Station - Promenade Deck 14 - IDIC Restaurant]
He walked over to A'Thaton who was talking to a young Orion officer. "I'm a trained medic", he explained. "If I can help out in any way, let me know." He almost - almost - mentioned that he had been in Starfleet, so he knew the way they worked and also knew the devices. But he swallowed that bit of information for now.

Then all of a sudden the ground ... the walls ... everything started to tremble violently. Juraan froze, looking up and around to see if there was anything he could see that caused it ... but it seemed the whole station was affected by it. There were freightened noises of the people around, glass, cutlery and plates singing a clinking cacophony. His head jerked around when there were a series of smaller explosions, EPS lines overloading, then suddenly he felt himself lifted off his feet. Damn this! Everyone and everything started to float around him. Juraan tried to keep movement at a minimum and well placed so he wouldn't drift about in an uncontrolled manner.

IDIC Restaurant - Katra Station

"This woman needs help!" Branys declared.  He was floating beside an unconscious female Bajoran, pressing a tablecloth to her head.

He heard the word medic through the ringing in his ears. "No! Help someone else. I'm fine!" Another lie. But it wouldn't be his first concussion. Orion sports could be brutal (and he had two siblings whose need for physical exercise was akin to his for food) and he knew he'd be fine if only he had a moment. Shame he didn't, though.

Netha-Sar heard a cry for assistance and through his blurred vision he saw his own hand pointing towards Branys and the unconscious woman. "Them," he said to Juraan. Then suddenly he was weightless. Though the gravity had been gone for a little while now, Netha-Sar hadn't entirely noticed through the searing pain in his head and the inappropriately timed growls of his stomach.

[Katra Station - Promenade Deck 14 - IDIC restaurant]
He looked back to the group of people around him. "Okay, I need someone to rustle up another medical kit. I'm pretty certain in the restaurant's kitchen might be one. Someone else check on everyone around here and gather the more severe injured in one spot and the lightly injured in another so we'll have an overview what we're dealing with."

He pushed through it and followed whatever orders and pleas he could make out amidst the din. Which was how he found himself rummaging around the restaurants for other med kits. The route to the kitchen was much easier now that he didn't have to fight gravity, though it did occur to him that no gravity was a very bad thing. He saw Cathy in the kitchen and moved about to check for other med kits. He found two more, which wasn't promising, but better than nothing.

Without taking so much as a band aid for himself Netha-Sar returned to Juraan with the additional med kits along with some clean kitchen towels he had grabbed. He didn't even notice that the food he had ordered was still hanging from his wrist in its bag. Part of him thought that a member of Starfleet ought to stay here and he felt selfish for knowing it wasn't going to be him.

Netha-Sar couldn't trust himself to make decisions. Not with his head injury damning his thought process and his stomach telling him he had better get his next fix now. So instead he echoed Juraan's sentiments to Branys. "Come on, let him work. Let's get you over here for the evacuation." It felt selfish, to run off like a coward. But Netha-Sar was no good to anyone right now. So he followed after A'Thaton like a baby duck under the guise of assisting the civilians.

Chiree

• Reserved Player
  • Applicant
  • ID for Chiree on Katra
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2021, 12:06:32 pm »
KATRA STATION | DECK FOUR | IDIC/PROMENADE

The Wonderland crew seemed even calmer than they, and it was understandable; these people understood this strange world of glowing lights and green-coloured people that Chiree was only just discovering.  Chiree was used to existing in liquid, which this was similar to except it was easier to see, unlike in the cloudy water.  Surely they would use their knowledge of this to help these people maintain order.

The chaos outside of the restaurant disturbed them to the core.  Being one who preferred order, efficiency, and the following of rules they did not appreciate the madness they heard from outside.  They had been afraid, yes, but they would not let it cause chaos.  They would internalize their fear the best that they could.

Suddenly Chiree had already fetched the med kit and gave it to him. Slightly perplexed he took hold of the kit in reflex as he stared at them. They must have been super fast in this zero grav environment. He frowned slightly when Chiree compared it to swimming - but he thought that was probably apt enough. "Thank you", he said to them, holding up the medical kit. When they mentioned they had studied anatomy, Juraan looked at them surprised. "You are a doctor?"[/color

Juraan wondered if they, too, were a doctor.  "No…just fascinated by it."  They had studied the physiology of the people of their homeworld -- the Telitierans -- a bit so they could try to look accurately like one.  "I just know basics…wait, where are the bandages?  The burn cream?"  They were perplexed at the array of devices Juraan was using.  "I don't know how to use those.  I'm sorry.  I won't be of much help…"

Juraan had said there were more med kits, but it seemed like people were already making their way to the kitchen to get them.  So the shapeshifter instead looked around, to see if there was anyone they could help.  Anything they could do.  Just floating around wasn't sufficient to them.  They had to do something to help.

A smoldering console was engulfed in an energy field, instantly snuffing out the fire within. 

A gentle breeze- normally undetectable- began to permeate the promenade.  Smoke gradually began to clear from the atmosphere.

Then there was a whine as figures began to materialize throughout the cavernous space:  A dozen men and women wearing gravity boots and Starfleet environmental suits. 

"Attention everyone!  I am Ensign Norris of the USS Aquila.  We are here to transfer the worst wounded individuals to the ship.  Rest assured: More help is on the way, and the current situation will be stabilized soon.  If there is anyone here trained in medicine, we could use help identifying the worst cases quickly and getting them off-station."

That was when they heard a strange whine from the Promenade.  They pushed off gently with their legs in that direction, gripping the edge of the window.  There was sharp glass there, but even as it brushed against their hands, it didn't draw liquid.  They had been startled by the sudden sound but realised through the chaos that more uniformed officers had arrived.  They were miraculously standing tall among the floating people and objects.  An Ensign Norris was saying they were there to transfer the most wounded individuals to their ship.

"Over here!" Chiree calls out to the Ensign.  "There's a woman who's hurt.  Juraan has stabilised her, but she could use your help!"

Then they find themselves recoiling a bit.  Finding it hard to keep their shape…they might have been hit a little harder by the earlier impact than they'd thought.  They pushed back, shaking slightly.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 12:08:52 pm by Chiree »
Chiree
Civilian - Changeling - Nonbinary (they/them)

NPCs: Hebrin Tayel

Solluk

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • Site Administrators
  • Captain Solluk's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2021, 07:45:19 am »

T'Palin nodded her affirmation of Saxon's orders and quickly got to work.  Elsewhere in the OCC, ambulatory and lightly injured crew were working on interfacing their PADDs with the various sub-processors and auxiliary systems that they could access and control with the devices.  The station was a patchwork assemblage of dissociated systems being networked together by portable computers... but it was slowly coming back to life.

"We just linked with the Promenade," someone declared in a triumphant tone.

Then, "Officers from the Aquila have beamed aboard.  They're evacuating prisoners.  We're having someone get our com addresses to them."

"Someone got aboard the Tigris.  They're ready to transfer com control over to her."

"Do it," T'Palin declared.

And with that, suddenly, everyone badges began to bleep with innumerable communiques.   For a minute, it was just a flood of backlogged signals.  T'Palin winced slightly, "Reset, reset."

The com signals went quiet, then T'Palin turned from her console, "Message coming in from the Aquila, Commander.  It's Ensign Oloze.  Apparently, she's in temporary command while more senior officers are beaming over to coordinate rescue and repairs."

Katra Station - IDIC Restaurant and Promenade

Ensign Norris came into IDIC, trailed by a crewman in an identical suit.  He had his tricorder open, whirring away, and paused as he reached Chiree.  "You're... a changeling?"  Starfleet tricorders were not routinely able to tell a changeling from whatever object or creature they were emulating.  But Chiree's instability allowed her to be caught out.

Norris' face was a mask of suspicion, and his progress immediately slowed.  One could almost see the gears turning in his mind.  But he quickly proceeded to where the injured woman was, taking a quick scan before taking a transporter tag from his belt and pressing it to the woman's shoulder.  She dematerialized almost immediately, and then Ensign Norris spoke softly to the people near his erstwhile rescue.

"Did that changeling have anything to do with this?"

As he asked the question, a gentle hum permeated the deck, and objects and people started to descend to the floor as gravity was slowly, gradually turned up .05G at a time.

A'thaton's badge meanwhile beeped, as did Murselas' elsewhere- the first time the com-badges had operated since this disaster began.

=/\= Attention all pilots.  Any flight-rated officer within reach of the Starstalker is commanded to take her out and evaluate incoming threats.  Please respond if you are able to take this mission. =/\=

Juraan Ren

• Approved Applicants
  • Probationer
  • ID for Juraan Ren
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2021, 08:23:12 am »
[Katra Station - Promenade Deck 14 - IDIC Restaurant]

Katra Station - Promenade - Deck 14 - IDIC Restaurant

Juraan and Cathy were both wanting to help injured people which made sense butvFinn knew that getting the evacuation ships ready woupd also be crucial ifvthe station was damaged enough to loose gravity and oxygen.
The Wonderland was self sufficient if no power surge from the docking cables had damaged it. So he told the two.
I'll get transport ready. Be there as soon as you can.

With that he manouvred towards the exit justcwhen the fire extinguisher system came to life and drenched them all to the bone. At least it also put out sone electrical fires.

Juraan looked to Finn as he announced he would get the transport ready. He nodded at him, meeting his eyes. He wanted to say something like 'Take care' or 'Be careful'. Instead he said, "Try to not get yourself any injuries for a change, will you." It was his way of saying he cared. He looked after Finn for a moment, before he then was drawn back to the task at hand.

KATRA STATION | DECK FOUR | IDIC/PROMENADE

The Wonderland crew seemed even calmer than they, and it was understandable; these people understood this strange world of glowing lights and green-coloured people that Chiree was only just discovering.  Chiree was used to existing in liquid, which this was similar to except it was easier to see, unlike in the cloudy water.  Surely they would use their knowledge of this to help these people maintain order.

The chaos outside of the restaurant disturbed them to the core.  Being one who preferred order, efficiency, and the following of rules they did not appreciate the madness they heard from outside.  They had been afraid, yes, but they would not let it cause chaos.  They would internalize their fear the best that they could.

Juraan wondered if they, too, were a doctor.  "No…just fascinated by it."  They had studied the physiology of the people of their homeworld -- the Telitierans -- a bit so they could try to look accurately like one.  "I just know basics…wait, where are the bandages?  The burn cream?"  They were perplexed at the array of devices Juraan was using.  "I don't know how to use those.  I'm sorry.  I won't be of much help…"

Juraan had said there were more med kits, but it seemed like people were already making their way to the kitchen to get them.  So the shapeshifter instead looked around, to see if there was anyone they could help.  Anything they could do.  Just floating around wasn't sufficient to them.  They had to do something to help.

Juraan was a little confused when Chiree didn't confirm a medical training of any kind. So they had just studied it as a hobby or an interest it seemed. Knowing the basics was fine for First Aid and Juraan was about to ask her to look after some of the lightly injured people, but then Chiree revealed that she didn't know what a tricorder was. Oh dear. Well, it wasn't unheard of that people from a world not technologically advanced like others somehow happened to be in a world of modern technology.

"No problem", he told them.

NPC Cathy Daniels

Juraan's hesitation at answering her question of how she could be of help... and then following that up with leaving the decision to her.   That told Cathy that despite their 'heart-to-heart' talk he didn't think much of her or her help. 

So when he did finally ask for 'someone' to look for another medical kit, Cathy couldn't volunteer fast enough.   "I got it."  She'd show him she could be useful!

She threw Finn a look.  "I'll be on my way to help prep the ship as soon as I get Juraan that First Aid kit." she promised and then set off, pushing herself with just a slight force towards the kitchen.   Rather than careening about aimlessly, Cathy actually knew what she was doing when she moved about without gravity.  Dodging others was the hardest thing about getting to the other side, but Cathy managed it.

Katra Station | IDIC

YAY FOOD!

Orions were known for their women. The dancing. The seduction. But what was lesser known about them was the way they partook in all physical pleasures. Netha-Sar's relationship to food was a hard one to control and he often found himself thinking about eating at inappropriate times. It wasn't just food for him.

For him food presented a physiological need beyond hunger. He could distract himself with his tasks, but at the smell wafting from the bag that had been handed to him, he immediately nodded a thank you to the wait staff that had brought his order, stuck his hand into the bag, and shoved a fistful of his meal into his face. The experience was like that of a smoker who had gotten their first cigarette of the day rather late.

The relief and euphoria of his first bite didn't last long. Netha-Sar was on the floor before he understood what had actually occurred. He hit his head pretty hard and the ringing wouldn't cease. "Yes, I'm fine," he lied to A'Thaton. "Whatever you need, sir" He was not fine. Which became apparent the moment he tried to stand up and fell back onto the floor.

He heard the word medic through the ringing in his ears. "No! Help someone else. I'm fine!" Another lie. But it wouldn't be his first concussion. Orion sports could be brutal (and he had two siblings whose need for physical exercise was akin to his for food) and he knew he'd be fine if only he had a moment. Shame he didn't, though.

Netha-Sar heard a cry for assistance and through his blurred vision he saw his own hand pointing towards Branys and the unconscious woman. "Them," he said to Juraan. Then suddenly he was weightless. Though the gravity had been gone for a little while now, Netha-Sar hadn't entirely noticed through the searing pain in his head and the inappropriately timed growls of his stomach.

He pushed through it and followed whatever orders and pleas he could make out amidst the din. Which was how he found himself rummaging around the restaurants for other med kits. The route to the kitchen was much easier now that he didn't have to fight gravity, though it did occur to him that no gravity was a very bad thing. He saw Cathy in the kitchen and moved about to check for other med kits. He found two more, which wasn't promising, but better than nothing.

Thankfully, the fleeing kitchen staff had left the pried-open-door wedged open.   Carefully, she maneuvered her way through.  It took only a minute to scrounge through and find the kitchen's medical kit.  Yet by the time she returned to where she left Juraan, he was gone.  Or so she thought at first.

"Juraan!!?" she called out as she scanned the room looking for him.  Even with the room emptying out into the Promenade proper, the restaurant was still chaotic, so Cathy didn't see him at first.

Much like how A'Thaton had done earlier there seemed to be some EV suit wearing Starfleet officer outside the restaurant calling on people listen to him and announcing that help had arrived.

It was about time!

His request for medical kits had him ending up with four in total, something Juraan wasn't mad about. While he tended to the woman, he heard his name being called. Turning his head he spotted Cathy seemingly looking for him. "Over here!", he called. Shortly after that, the young Orion officer joined them as well. "Thank you", he said and glanced him with an assessing eye. "Are you feeling alright?", he asked Netha-Sar. But it seemed he was more than eager to get away from here.

Without taking so much as a band aid for himself Netha-Sar returned to Juraan with the additional med kits along with some clean kitchen towels he had grabbed. He didn't even notice that the food he had ordered was still hanging from his wrist in its bag. Part of him thought that a member of Starfleet ought to stay here and he felt selfish for knowing it wasn't going to be him.

Netha-Sar couldn't trust himself to make decisions. Not with his head injury damning his thought process and his stomach telling him he had better get his next fix now. So instead he echoed Juraan's sentiments to Branys. "Come on, let him work. Let's get you over here for the evacuation." It felt selfish, to run off like a coward. But Netha-Sar was no good to anyone right now. So he followed after A'Thaton like a baby duck under the guise of assisting the civilians.

That was when they heard a strange whine from the Promenade.  They pushed off gently with their legs in that direction, gripping the edge of the window.  There was sharp glass there, but even as it brushed against their hands, it didn't draw liquid.  They had been startled by the sudden sound but realised through the chaos that more uniformed officers had arrived.  They were miraculously standing tall among the floating people and objects.  An Ensign Norris was saying they were there to transfer the most wounded individuals to their ship.

"Over here!" Chiree calls out to the Ensign.  "There's a woman who's hurt.  Juraan has stabilised her, but she could use your help!"

Then they find themselves recoiling a bit.  Finding it hard to keep their shape…they might have been hit a little harder by the earlier impact than they'd thought.  They pushed back, shaking slightly.

T'Palin nodded her affirmation of Saxon's orders and quickly got to work.  Elsewhere in the OCC, ambulatory and lightly injured crew were working on interfacing their PADDs with the various sub-processors and auxiliary systems that they could access and control with the devices.  The station was a patchwork assemblage of dissociated systems being networked together by portable computers... but it was slowly coming back to life.

"We just linked with the Promenade," someone declared in a triumphant tone.

Then, "Officers from the Aquila have beamed aboard.  They're evacuating prisoners.  We're having someone get our com addresses to them."

"Someone got aboard the Tigris.  They're ready to transfer com control over to her."

"Do it," T'Palin declared.

And with that, suddenly, everyone badges began to bleep with innumerable communiques.   For a minute, it was just a flood of backlogged signals.  T'Palin winced slightly, "Reset, reset."

The com signals went quiet, then T'Palin turned from her console, "Message coming in from the Aquila, Commander.  It's Ensign Oloze.  Apparently, she's in temporary command while more senior officers are beaming over to coordinate rescue and repairs."

Katra Station - IDIC Restaurant and Promenade

Ensign Norris came into IDIC, trailed by a crewman in an identical suit.  He had his tricorder open, whirring away, and paused as he reached Chiree.  "You're... a changeling?"  Starfleet tricorders were not routinely able to tell a changeling from whatever object or creature they were emulating.  But Chiree's instability allowed her to be caught out.

Norris' face was a mask of suspicion, and his progress immediately slowed.  One could almost see the gears turning in his mind.  But he quickly proceeded to where the injured woman was, taking a quick scan before taking a transporter tag from his belt and pressing it to the woman's shoulder.  She dematerialized almost immediately, and then Ensign Norris spoke softly to the people near his erstwhile rescue.

"Did that changeling have anything to do with this?"

As he asked the question, a gentle hum permeated the deck, and objects and people started to descend to the floor as gravity was slowly, gradually turned up .05G at a time.

A'thaton's badge meanwhile beeped, as did Murselas' elsewhere- the first time the com-badges had operated since this disaster began.

=/\= Attention all pilots.  Any flight-rated officer within reach of the Starstalker is commanded to take her out and evaluate incoming threats.  Please respond if you are able to take this mission. =/\=

While Juraan had been working on stabilizing the woman, an officer marched over and without even acknowledging his presence, put a transporter tag on her and she dematerialized. Juraan held onto the bulkhead as he straightened up a little before he then moved on to look for more patients that needed First Aid.
Species: Bajoran

Alt of Tess t'Lhoell