Author Topic: Post of the Month, April 2021 - Congrats Sirol!  (Read 2144 times)

Solluk

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • Site Administrators
  • Captain Solluk's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
Post of the Month, April 2021 - Congrats Sirol!
« on: May 14, 2021, 12:12:52 am »
Please join be in congratulating Sirol for being April's Post of the Month Recipient.

Sirol is always writing thoughtful posts, and especially shines on Exploratory missions of Discovery like the one we're on now with the Katra crew.  Added to this is the special drama of being an exchange officer at a time when you are cut off from your government.  I'm proud to have this character serving on Katra.

Good job, Sirol!  Well earned.  :-)

<USS Aquila / Shuttlebay 2 / Runabout Cuanza >

Sirol gave the commander an acknowledging nod, then took a seat and began to access the shuttle’s systems and copied her assembled and altered files to set them as the Cuanza’s new default configuration.

Listening to his words, the scientist raised an eyebrow.
Positive reassurance of her usefulness had not been what she had been expecting, but his statement was enough to make her look up for a moment and tilt her head at him.
“Thank you, Commander. I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, and I noticed that Federation citizens deem absolute devotion to one's field as outstanding; this being said… I appreciate you words.”
She paused for a moment, then looked back at the terminal in front of her, her eyes for a moment following the various progress bars, before she once more turned around to Commander Saxon.

This time almost even… Confused…
He had hit a nerve - not necessarily in a negative way - yet her isolation was in face weighing on her. A different sort of isolation, yet isolation nevertheless.
Thoughtful she slowly began to speak.
“I go where I am assigned to, and I find satisfaction in fulfilling my function; my destiny as scientist, analyst and mediator.
Purpose can be found in the farthest reaches of both, space and company.
Without a homeworld a quadrant is just a set of coordinates and territorial measurements, and, compared to the unknown and yet to be understood out here, what does familiarity within the Alpha and Beta Quadrants even matter?”

She once more paused, looking down at her freezing hands and the holographic interface above her wrist.
Of course this was just a part aspect.
The surface of matters required to guarantee a smooth verbal interaction, yet as a matter of fact, Sirol was detached wherever she went, and she was painfully aware of it.
Even more so ever since her mind had been - subjectively speaking violently - ripped out of the sanctuary of the collective consciousness within the Trialus anomaly…

With no fix home to return to, no family and - most importantly - no minds to view as a family; no one who operated, thought and perceived in the same manner as she did, there was simply no place for her to return to...
Detachment was her reality, and one more layer of spacial detachment compared to the mental and - in a way - societal detachment… Simply made little to no difference to the scientist.
She was alone.
There was no healing.

Entering a few commands on the terminal in front of her she began to set the new files as the Cuanza’s current default configuration, then began to run some last tests on the functionality of said new defaults, beginning with a check of the deflector- shield configurations.

“...I would argue that we all face the difficulties of our new situation in our very own, unique ways.
I am not… Experienced… With phrasing these sorts of thoughts, but I… Appreciate your words, Commander. And your offer.
And I would gladly return said offer to you.”

Tess tLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
Re: Post of the Month, April 2021 - Congrats Sirol!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 01:48:24 am »
Congratulations! Well done :)
Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography

John Saxon

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • John Saxon's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 02:03:58 am »
Bravo! A wonderful post, of which I thoroughly enjoyed reading. More than just its great prose, it made me feel Sirol's character.
There are old soldiers.
And there are bold soldiers.
And then there’s:
John 'Century' Saxon

Ora Loxis

• Reserved Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 07:39:58 am »
Well deserved! Good job!

Rayek tr'Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 11:46:53 am »
Excellent post!  I loved reading it.
Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)
NPC's Lt JG Saqa7 Mountain-Kahn (Human Female) / Ensign Jayce Fuller (Human Hermaphrodite) / Telmuk tr'Lhoell (Romulan Male)

James Bryson

• Reserved Player
  • Lt. jg Bryson Katra
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 07:14:20 pm »
Congratulations.